Solar Panels for Commercial buildings
Solar Panels can be mounted on the roofs of buildings, but modern technology also allows for them to be integrated into the fabric of the buildings and windows, as indicated by the photos.
Key business benefits:
- PV panels provide your own clean power source that helps reduce global warming.
- Reduce your electricity bills, since daylight is free.
- Installing them may also increase the value of your commercial property.
- Are extremely low maintenance.
- Have a long lifetime of 25 years or more.
- Are silent in operation and can be visually unobtrusive.
- Increases your awareness of electricity use and encourages more energy efficient behaviour.
- Improves your businesses energy efficiency rating
Businesses are able to claim the Feed in Tariff, just like homeowners, however there are some restrictions which do need to be addressed when a system is installed above 4kWp.
Any system under 50kWp falls into the scope of the MCS Scheme but installations greater than 4kWp need to follow the engineering guidelines G59/2 Engineering Recommendation published by The Engineering Directorate of the Energy Networks Association. DOC Solar & Electrical has the expertise of its Technical Director, Dr Derek Green CEng., FIET, and Derek has also completed G59 compliance training and is familiar with the technical procedures necessary to enable larger MCS installations to be given the go ahead. He also has the requisite engineering knowledge and expertise to design and oversee the installation of larger installations – up to 5MW. Please contact Derek via our contacts page for specific information relating to your larger industrial/commercial installations.
To find out how we can help your business please get in touch.